Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Friday, March 06, 2009

Hmmm....

I was first made aware of this about a month ago. We were hanging out with Shazmi at KFC sek 13. Umar didn’t want to come but Elsa did.

5 minutes to 11 pm we decided to make a move and I called for Elsa and she promptly abandoned the swings.

“She is very obedient ya ?” Observed Shazmi. “Most kids would whine or ask for more time….” I thought about what he said and found that it is rather true. My children don’t usually put up a fight whenever I asked them to stop from doing something.

Then again 2 weeks after that I went to Kamalia’s house and while Jubei, Ya and myself talked, the kids played upstairs (that is the day I delivered my promised beefy French toasts) and when I hollered for them to come down, they did so immediately.

Sheik and Ya made the same observation Shazmi did. Very obedient children you have, Myra.

Now, was I happy ? Proud ?

This is the reason why Rashdan sighs at my craziness because well… I went crazy obsessing if I am a too strict mom.

Garang ke aku ? Cengei ka ? Why didn’t they make any protest when I cut short their fun ? Selective amnesia, Mummy ?

However…. Whenever I asked them to stop their hour long bath, they always ask for ‘5 more minutes, Mummy’. In fact one of Elsa’s first sentence was that…. So, maybe in order for them to have that extra 5 minutes in the bath, they followed my orders at other times because they didn’t want to push their luck ?

Or they really are thoughtful and obedient…

Ye ke ?

No comments: