Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Botol ! I saw him !

As usual almost everyday I will leave some work for Umar to do. Usually Bahasa Malaysia because his BM is simply atrocious. He doesn’t like to read in BM so I do not know how else to improve his command in that particular language,

Sometimes I would check his work, sometimes I won’t. It depends. I mean I do not make a point to check every day. I did however about 3 days ago, especially since it is exams time and was hugely disappointed to see that he didn’t finish it.

He did a few pages and left a few blank.

When I asked he flustered. It is normal for him to tell me he couldn’t do it but very suspicious when he was grappling for an excuse.

Disappointment turned into rage. I got so angry and I started yelling at him. He blinked his huge eyes at me but it failed to chasten me. Hey, I am not in the wrong here. Anger spent, I went to cool down in the kitchen. Elsa was colouring and not 5 minutes after I sat, she said, “Mummy… Umar buat kerja lah..”

I narrowed my eyes at her. “Botol !” She said, nodding her head vigorously. “I saw him!! Saya nampak dia !!”

“Then, if he did his work, why tak habis ?” I challenged.

She grinned. “Saya tak tahulah…..” she said, smiling so broadly that I calmed down immediately. Her cheery mood was infectious.

2 comments:

Nuyui said...

I was bad in Malay when I was a ki, until I transfer to a government school & belajar suku kata. hehe Even my siblings have difficulty reading in Malay when they were in private school.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

At least ur excuse was u went to private school.. !