Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Ha, Abah....

This morning I woke up with a start and saw the sun was shining high up. “Dan !! Dah pagi !!” I informed my husband, several octaves higher from my normal pitch. On hearing that, my kids also jumped from the beds.

7.26 am the clock told me.

“Kita tak pegi kerja ke ?” Asked my confused husband. Gelak aku… he he…

His next sentence was, “Awak tahu tak Elsa cirit birit malam tadi ? Gerak langsung tak bangun !”

“Haa Mummy. Saya cirit birit….” She said softly.

“Laa…. Ye ke ? I tak sedar pun….”

He he… Sebenarnya aku sedar. But then because Dan sleeps on the children’s side, so the first thing Elsa saw was her Abah, therefore.. well you know the rest. I heard her talking to her dad, and I also heard Abah calling me, but I kept on closing my eyes.

Why must he call me ? Why must I do it if she had specifically called for her Abah ? Why can’t he do it ? She is your daughter too. Why must both of us loose our sleep ? He he…

Anyway, Elsa got up 3 times to go to the loo, poor baby, and each time she sought for her Abah. He he…. What to do, yeah ?

Anyway, to continue my story, I looked at Elsa, gave her a thumbs up and said, “Well done !!” Elsa smiled beautifully at me, nodding her head. Dan of course wasn’t happy.

“Elsa next time kalau nak pi toilet malam-malam, panggil Mummy kay ?” She shrugged her shoulders while reaching for Kitty. Dan smiled triumphantly. Yeah, right.

“Elsa… who will you call next time when you have cirit birit again ?”

“Babah… “ She said, smiling.

“Itulah awak…. Dia tak sayang awak tuh…” Said the guy who is stuck washing her daughter’s bottom. “Elsa sayang sapa ?” Dan asked.

“Abah lah….” She answered, again smiling happily.

“See ?” Came the smug reply of the guy who needed to find the silver lining, desperately.

“Elsa tak sayang Mummy ke ?” I asked, knowing fully well that I will win no matter what.

“Sayang….” Of course….. There is no doubt about that.

“Tapi kalau saya o-ok Abah kena basuh…” Said she.

He he….. Happynya aku….

No comments: