Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Abah tak puas hati pasal hal semalam...

We came home to a sassy mouth Elsa yesterday. Boy was she on a roll. Abah was asking for it, really but me, I didn’t say anything at all but got the brunt of her witticsm all the same. Witticism or insolence ? Hmmm ?

Abah came home to find his girls comfortably having a conversation on the bed. He just couldn’t let things go, that one and so the first thing he said was, “Elsa… malam ni kalau sakit perut lagi, gerak Mummy….”

Elsa looked at him and shook her head. “Tak nak….” Abah raised his eyebrows. “Because mothers cook and fathers basuk o-ok…” She added.

We couldn’t say anything, really after that. He he….
This morning we woke up late again. Dan yelled in shock when the sun greeted him as soon as he opened his eyes.

“Oii bangun !! Pukul 7 dah !!” And we scrambled out of our beds.

Don’t know why his phone won’t co-operate again. Mogok gamaknya. I scurried after my children, barking instructions for them to hurry. The kids got ready in record time. As I combed Elsa’s hair, I was muttering about our lateness when Elsa helpfully gave me an advise.

“Mummy, if you want to hurry up, don’t sit too long in the bathroom like this…” and with that she sat on the bed, shoulders hunched, palms opened. It looked suspiciously like how palms look like when its owner was reading a book.

“….lama-lama…” My eyes cannot get off of her.

“You can be ready faster if you don’t sit too long on the ….ermm… bath tub….”

“Oh ?”

“Yes….. I know, Mummy !!”

Babah gelak sakan. Hmmph !

No comments: