Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Elsa tak sayang abang ke ?

Few weeks ago, my sister Ita called me while I was working. It was Tuesday, a Mandarin class day and boy she had a story to tell me.

“Kau tahu aku pegi ambik budak-budak kan… bila aku sampai Umar kat luar rumah tengah nangis and Elsa kat pintu marah-marah….” Said Ita.

“Elsa halau Umar keluar rumah !!” She added.

I don’t know why the phrase terperanjat beruk was coined, but what Ita said was so unexpected I am sure terperanjat beruk was what I felt when I heard that.

Ita said she stumbled upon U-um storming out of the house, crying. When Ita asked him, he said Elsa asked him to leave so he is leaving.

“Emotional gila U-um, La. Dia terus nak keluar rumah. Yang dia pergi dengar cakap Elsa kenapa ?”

Although I laughed, Ita didn’t. She was thinking more in the line of if she didn’t come when she did, where would Umar be ?

When I got home, I rounded my children.

“What happened ?”

Nobody said anything. When I asked Umar why he attempted to leave, he said because Elsa asked him to.

“Elsa… where do you expect Umar to go ? This is his house too. Umar nak pergi mana ? Kalau Umar hilang macam Sharlinie karang macamana ?”

Both of them were quiet. When I tried to prod the reason of the fight, they were incommunicado.

“Please don’t do that ever again Elsa. And Umar pun, stay put. Where did you think you were going to go ?”

I left it at that because there is nothing much that I can say, right ?
Wrong.
A few days after that, abang and adik were having a hushed fight. You know, bickering with furious whispers. I couldn't make out what they were fighting about of course, but then as I was surreptiously watching them, I saw Elsa hand on her hips, nudging her head to the door. Was that another eviction order ?
I had plenty to say after that !!

No comments: