Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ELsa bila demam

Elsa bila demam equals fights and cryings. Why ? Because she hates taking her medicines. “Sikit saja, Mummy !! Wa ! Wa !” Or “I do want that colour !! I want yang pink tuh !!” Well.. you get the picture.

Elsa tergolong dalam golongan yang kena marah bila demam. People especially children who are unwell usually get sympathy and extra tender loving care, but Elsa actually got more anger thrown at her while she is sick.

During her recent sickness, she was plagued with high fever. It was worrying. We bathed her constantly and kept her on skimpy, airy and light clothes. We also had to keep cajoling her to take her medication. After awhile cajoling turned to threats. Haii….

The thing was she pretended not to be sick. I suspected she was sick a day before she got any fever. Her voice was screechy and she was listless. “Are you sick, Elsa ?” Asked I. She laughed. “No !! I am not sick !!” She said and ran away.

The next morning I greeted her with a “Panas tak badan ?” and she replied with an angry “Don’t ask me that question !”

By the second day after a night of fighting to get the medicine to her throat, I instinctively reached for her forehead as soon as I opened my eyes. However the little minx caught my hand before I could touch her.

“Don’t touch me there !!” And quickly scrambled up. I was too shocked for words because I thought she was asleep.

“Okay Mummy ? You cannot touch me at all okay Mummy ? You don’t touch me here, here, here… okay Mummy ?” She instructed after successfully putting herself at a safe distance from me.

Tak payah pegang dahi, Elsa… your hands pun cukup panas. Malas to cause her more distress, I shrugged my shoulders and prepared for Subuh, knowing fully well that she will take her medicines no matter what.

When I got out from the bathroom, I saw her lying on my bed and my son who was buttoning his school uniform was by her side, talking urgently to her.

“Ti !! You must makan ubat, okay Ti !!”

“Tak nak…. Tak sedap… I am not sick…..”

“Ti … you have to makan ubat. Kalau tak nanti Titi mati… Titi nak mati ke ?” Asked my son.

“No, Um… I am not sick !!” She insisted.

Umar started to get desperate and when he next spoke, his voice was laced with desperation and tears.

“Ti…. I don’t want you to die… Please makan ubat…… Please, Ti !!” The abang pleaded.

Kesian aku nengok abang si Elsa ni. However Elsa was not moved at all and was still adamant that she was healthy. Umar gave up and went down for his breakfast weeping silently.

I remember Dan’s sister recounted me a story of Elsa who had some ailment while she was around at her mom’s house. She managed to persuade Elsa to drink her medicine however when she swallowed, it triggered a coughing fit.

Umar was at his sister’s side in an instant.

“Aunty Wawa … did you give my sister racun ?” Asked he in a scandalous tone while helping his sister up and took her away from Aunty Wawa…
He he… …

3 comments:

liadevega said...

Oh! Tell me about susah bagi anak makan ubat. I've had my share with Ayesha...sampai kena balut dia dlm blanketlah! Luckily Muhammad is easier (so far), sebatu nampak ubat dah nganga mulut luas2...hehehe senang keje aku!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Maybe it is a girl thing kot. Umar pun okay jugak makan ubat... atau maybe a tembam person thing... he he..

Nuyui said...

I hope my kids nanti taklah cuak makan ubat. Because I love to get better when I get sick. haha And I love hospital food. Funny thing is, I never ever pun pernah kena admit. *sigh*