Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Umar and his mouth

On Sunday we went to Elsa’s concert at Dewan Jubli Perak. It was really, really long from 8 am to 1 pm. The concert could have been good I suppose if it had been better organized. Seriously I had more fun at Umar’s CEC’s concert.

Anyway we were late and went there without breakfast. They did supply one doughnut and 1 karipap per family (please concentrate on the per family part… well actually that is quite good because CEC never thought about the condition of our bellies…. ) but being parents, GOOD parents, we let Umar ate it all, our healthily sized (read fat) boy.

Anyway all the waiting was a revelation. Why ? Because I found out that Umar has a very sassy mouth.

At 9 am Umar had started complaining about his hunger and the failure of the organisers to start the concert made him more anxious. Predictably the concert started late and it started with speeches. The speech given by Adun Bandar Anggerik, a Yaacob Saperi was good though as his was the one I listened to from start to finish.

Then the emcee (there were two, funny enough. One was speaking in English and the other did Arabic translations. Dan and I looked around in vain, trying to locate any Arabs among the guests but we couldn’t find any. There were a few mat sallehs, but no Arabs… so that part was a bit intriguing) announced that they will be closing the drapes because they are going to assemble all the students for the hafazan.

Umar of course was not concentrating but when they closed the drapes he was on alert. “Apa payah tutup curtain tu. Beratur, jalan duduk…” said the all-knowing me.. he heh…

“I think maybe somebody is going naked….” Was Umar’s reply…. Orang keliling was clearly not paying attention either and a few looked at him. Mummy and Babah punya segan tok sah cerita lah and Mummy pun marah lah Umar… he he…

Anyway while waiting for the children to be organized, the emcee and his nasyid friends sang a few songs for us. Hmmmm…. not that I want to be critical but practice, practice and practice okay ?

The concert was seriously very boring and I blame the teachers. They lack imagination and the drive to produce something nice and entertaining. Maybe I am being over critical, I don’t know but as I mentioned earlier, I attended CEC’s concerts for 3 years and theirs were good. Luckily the show was performed by children and their antics was what that saved us from boredom. The kids were cheeky, energetic and funny and oh so adorable. There were a few shy ones too which I found really endearing. Some forgot the routine, which made us laugh, and one boy was really cute. He had forgotten his lines and his teacher had to give him the script. He then recited it beautifully, tapi malu-malu of course.

Apa anak aku kata ? “Luckily he can read kan Mummy ?”

Udah… apa ke halnya Umar ? Mummy gave him the severest of jelings that he went quiet.

There were a few other stuffs he said that wasn’t nice but the most severe one was when they again closed the drapes to arrange the stage for the graduation ceremony. And again the nasyid boys went on stage. The emcee said, “Please allow us to entertain you again..” or something in that manner and my son… waaahh !! My boy said, “Not in a million years …” Masa tu aku dah tak tau nak buat apa dah and just hid behind the papers.
As I mentioned earlier we woke up late. What with nak sembahyang Subuhnya, then preparing the kids, then doing our own toilette plus having to go buy local fruits because the school asked for local fruits donations. To make matters worse, Dan is a punctual being and therefore had this unnecessary need to be there by 8 because the programme stated parents' arrival was to be at that time. So who had time for breakfast ? Defensive ni.... he he

When they closed the drapes again which was around 12, we thought we could get Elsa since she was not graduating.The task fell on Dan and Umar who went backstage to get her. However apparently all students will be getting something so we were asked to wait. So we waited and waited and waited when I noticed my son was missing. I looked around but couldn’t find him. I located Dan who sat at the furthest back, and was informed that Umar was backstage again, trying to get his sister.

Aisehman… My face flamed with embarrassment because I have seen him being insistent. They are not pretty for the mother’s eyes. 2 minutes later, he emerged triumphant from backstage with his sister in hand. “What did you say to the teacher, Umar ?” Asked me as we raced to Kelana Jaya for a much needed nasi padang.

“That I’m hungry and my sister is hungry because we did not have breakfast…” Ceh… cannot jaga your mother’s air muka ka ?

5 comments:

liadevega said...

haha....umar and his clever mouth...kalau org tua2 ni mesti dah kata, aku cili mulut tu kang!

liadevega said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nuyui said...

Hahaha Him & his smart mouth. Cute.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Yalah Ya... I forgot that one... Never mind, I'll keep that in mind for next time..

Nuyui,it is not cute when you are his mother...

Nuyui said...

Cute naughtylah tu. hahaha