Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, December 01, 2008

Anak-anak ku lagi

Elsa had had enough after 2 days of scratching her body

“Nyamuk ni suka gigit saya lah, Mummy. He thinks I am food… selalu gigit-gigit saya…” Said Elsa one day. “Wow !! They think you are McDonald’s ?” I teased. She solemnly nodded her head, lips in a pout and replied, “Ha… dia ingat saya burger macam Babah yang ada sayur tu….” He he…. Big Mac….

I was telling them a story before bedtime when she made the complaint. Umar had his head on my shoulder while he listened (and interrupted with his questions and his own versions…weii… susah betul nak bercerita…) and Elsa was busy scratching here and there. Now Umar’s head is huge. So huge in fact that his songkok is bigger than his Babah’s. No kidding. Therefore my shoulder was rightly sore when he drifted to sleep.

I climbed back to my bed and while waiting for sleep to claim me I had to hear Elsa thrashing on her bed until Dan called her.

“What, Bah ? What do you want ?”

“Eleh… buat tanya pulak… mari jelah sini….”

She ran with the speed of light to us and jumped on the bed.

“What do you want me to do, Bah ?” She asked innocently. Apa ke hal nya budak ni ? Pura-pura tak tahu pulak. I grabbed her tiny waist and deposited her next to me, her head neatly landed on my shoulder.

Not a good idea as my shoulder was still burning from Umar’s weight.

‘Ei… kecik… Why are you using my shoulder lah ? Babah invited you here, so you use his shoulder lah…” Said I, trying to be tactful… he he.

“But I want you , Mummy…” She snuggled closer.

Wah… My shoulder doesn’t want anybody.

“But Ti, Babah has strong shoulders. It is very nice and firm…. Very strong…” Said I.

She immediately changed shoulders. “Yes lah Bah… your shoulder is nicer….” She said and Babah gave me a swift kick under the covers….

He he…. Siapa yang tak dapat tidur malam tu sebab kena tidur dengan Elsa yang lasak ? Not me !! Ha ha…..

The next morning as usual after my toilette, I started the process of waking up my children. Even though it is the school holidays, I do not allow my babies to wake up late. I hold dear my parents’ “Early bird gets the worm” adage.

Again as usual, I started with Umat first. Punya lah malas, he rolled to the floor, his back on the tiles as he backstroked out of my room, using his legs and him arms in back-stroking action to propel him, eyes tightly shut all the while. I looked at him in wonder, because I have seen my siblings did that (and I am sure I have done that before) and thinking Dan couldn’t see this because he will blame my keturunan again.

I wasn’t even near my daughter (because I was busy looking at Umar with a feeling of deja-vu) when I heard she said, “Mummy… don’t disturb me okay. I am still sleepy okay because semalam saya tidur lambat… Okay ? So don’t disturb me and try to wake me up….”

And then terus sengap. Aku tak tahu mana nak tengok. Nak cover up Umar sebelum Babah dia nampak and start tut-tuting again ke or check on my daughter if she really was the one who spoke.
Hmmm……..

No comments: