Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Green poison

Remember my story about Umar accusing his aunty Wawa of giving his sister poison ? Well apparently my son is obsessed about his sister being at least 10 feet away with things that he suspected to be poisonous.

For people who know me well enough won’t be surprised that I carry soaps with me. Since I have plenty of hand bags, I have a variety of soaps in each of my ‘active’ bags.

Now in my pink one, I carry leaf soaps, a container with thin sheets of soaps, like paper. Elsa loves to play with it because the container looks like a flip phone. He he…. She would pretend to conclude business deals and yell at people (for some reason) or regale stories to imaginary friends. However if her brother sees her doing it, playtime is over.

“Ti ! That is racun !! Poison !! Don’t play with that !!” He would say (loudly…).

If she refuses to listen he would start an angry tirade that depending on Elsa’s mood, she would either concede defeat with a sigh or ignores him.

Sometimes I noticed him confiscating things that he deems too dangerous for his sister to hold. I have to say I have only noticed his vigilance recently.

We were at Shazmi’s wedding last Friday and since Umar and Dan had a role to play, we were at the hotel very early. After a while of just lounging around at the reception area, Dan asked me to go and sit at our table. We were rather thirsty when we finally sat and Elsa eagerly reached for the beverage offered. Her hand stopped halfway though.

“Mum… the air is green….” She said. Green was the theme of the wedding so naturally the beverage was green too.

“It’s okay. It is just sirap only they coloured it green…” Said I.

She looked skeptical as she took the glass and sniffed it. “It’s not poison ?” She asked with a crinkly nose. So cute.

“Nope….”

“Are you sure, Mummy ?” She asked as she brought the glass to her lips. “Nanti Um marah…..”

He he….. Itu yang dia risau…. Takut abang dia marah……

She took a tentative sip and blinked a few times… waiting for whatever.

“Okay… it’s not poison….!” She said happily then … “Yuck !! Tak sedap !!”
Ha ha….