Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Kelakarlah Titi ni...

My darling Elsa,

I spent the most wonderful weekend with you. You are 5 and so full of character, I am compelled to write this to you, in hope that you will not lose your funny side, your berangan side when real life hits you.

I was watching telly last weekend when from the corner of my eye, I saw you came out of your room, holding a tall, gold gift box with pretty gold ribbons on the lid. You put the box in front of the door and slammed the door shut. I was intrigued and decided to watch you instead of the telly. It was the best decision I made.

I saw you opened the door, and squealed in delight, “A present for me ? What a nice surprise !! ”. You bent down to pick up the gift and skipped happily back to your room. What did Mummy do ? I roared with laughter and mirth and disbelief. Apa hal ko, nak ?

After your art class, I took you and your brother Umar to the local shop and abang found the Pokemon chips that he is collecting. Of course you took one too and at home when you eagerly opened the packet, I picked one chip out and was amused when I saw you got Minun. You know how I like to tease and I let out a laugh and said, “Ha ha… tengok ni… Titi dapat Pokemon nama Minum !!!” Umar joined in the laughter but you didn’t. You were angry and started crying.

I was very much surprised at your tears and told you that it was a joke. I expected laughter. You informed me in between sobs that you didn’t think my joke was funny and cried even louder.

Darling… you know how much mummy hates crying and therefore I asked you to do your crying in your room. You came back to me after a few minutes, traces of your waterworks gone.

“Mum…. Why don’t you say Minum again, Mum !!” Said you.

I didn’t want to do it because I didn’t want to risk another crying fit but you insisted on it. With a sigh I said, “Titi dapat Minum ?” and you laughed. You laughed and laughed and laughed. “It’s so funny, Mummy !! Ha ha ha … Minum…..Ha ha ha.”

If you remember this episode and all you can think of was my look of horror, please forgive me because I didn’t get the joke this time around.

“See Mummy ?” Said you. “I tricked you…I knew it was funny but I tricked you. Saya pretend saja cry…..” You screwed up your face and went “Wa ! Wa ! Wa” before you laughed again and said, “ See ? I pretend saja to cry… I tricked you Mum ! Ha ha….. I tricked you…” and all I can think about it is either you are sick or you are trying to apologise and make amends by laughing to my jokes 10 minutes too late.
Whatever it is honey.. you will never be boring. Kalakarlah Titi ni.

No comments: