Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Elsa and rambutnya

“ Mum masa I pegi sekolah baby dulu-dulu kan..( Eii ? Sekolah baby mana ? This is your first time going to school lah ) I farted in front of my teacher…” Said my little girl to me with a laugh.

“ Really ? What did you do after that ? ” Oh my…..

“ I farted and then I walked away, Mum….” Said she.

He he.. comelnya.

But when it comes to her hair, di situ ada kurang comel. For some reason, my daughter likes getting her hair cut. She also likes having it cut at the mamak shop. Whenever her father and brother sought the services of the barber, she would whine and whine for the same treatment.

This time though Babah is adamant that she gets her hair cut at a more feminine place. So yesterday I took her to a salon in Shah Alam Mall. She came out with a neat bob and short fringes. Babah hated it (“ I thought I told you to give her a layered cut ? ” Said Babah to Mummy and Mummy replied, “ Then next time you bawak le anak you pergi sendiri, okay ? ”) but she totally loves it, although it was the same haircut she got from the mamak fella.

On the way home, Babah rolled down the car screens because we bought some food ( Babah’s pet peeves is cars that smells of food… It was just corn in cup, people…). After about 2 minutes, I heard my daughter shouted, “ Bah.. what are you doing ? Close the window Bah. My hair is ruined !! ” Babah didn’t hear because of the noise outside. I turned to look at her and saw her clutching her hair, face very unhappy.

“ Dan, tutup tingkap. Rambut anak awak tu dah bersepah… Marah dia…” Dan quickly rolled up the window.

“Now look at what you have done !!” She wailed. “My hair dah tak cantik !!”

Hmm…….

The next morning when Babah was bathing them, I heard her screaming, “Not my hair !! Not my hair !!” at the same time I heard the sound of the water came out of the shower nozzle. Aduih …. Susah ni…

She stormed out of the bathroom with a murderous look and some of her hair wet. When she got to me, she sobbed, “My hair is ruined !! Babah buat !!” Babah stood at the doorway looking helpless and….. damp.

I took our purple hairbrush out, turned on the hair dryer and tried my darnest to style her hair with the fresh-out-of-the-hairdresser’s look.

“Haa…. Kan dah cantik…. See ? See ?” Said I, pushing her to the mirror.

“Cantik ke, Mummy ?” Her eyes glistened. She preened and preened at herself.
Waaaa……. !! Macamana nak handle ni ? Tak nak bagi perasan and tak nak bagi merendah diri…
How do I balance that ?

No comments: