Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day !!

Semalam was a sad Father’s Day for Dan. Kesian dia.

Dan’s eldest sister accompanied her husband to Terengganu for a business trip so her kids were sent to Atuk and Wan for 1 night. The last time was saw our kids was Saturday afternoon and we only got them back almost Maghrib on Sunday.

We had sushi for dinner just the 2 of us on Saturday. Had breakfast very much just the two of us. And on the way home from lunch (sans our kids, of course) we saw Atuk’s car filled to the brim with children going the opposite way.

When we got home, Dan slowed his car at the house’s front door.

“Ada tak kasut budak2 tu ?” Asked him.

The shoes were on the owners’ feet somewhere…. Not near their parents.

“Takde….” Said he slowly and sadly.

That morning we were at a clinic. I went in for a check-up and when I came out Dan was playing peek-a-boo with a baby. When he saw me, he of course asked how things were and we talked. The baby threw a hissy-fit because Dan ignored him.

He he…

Then when my name was called for payment, Dan went with me to the counter and the baby started wailing. Dan had to go to him, explained that he had to go home and held the baby for a while… It was a tearful goodbye.

“Dan… bagitau Elsa ada orang nak ambik Babah dia…. Mesti dia tension…” Suggested me gleefully. However I didn’t take into account that Elsa was having the time of her life with her cousins and parents just don’t fit in the picture.

“Ti… tadi ada baby nak ambik Babah Titi !!” Said me when I managed to grab her when she wheezed past me.

“What ?” Said she distractedly.

“Ada baby tadi suruh Abah balik dengan dia… Ikut dia balik pegi rumah dia….”

She looked at me and said, “Are you sure ?” and wiggled herself free.

Babah and I exchanged looks.

When I managed to stop her next, Babah recounted the story. And the little madam said, “I know already !! You told me the story !!” Said she, angry that we disrupted her fun.

Nak cakap apa ?

When both of them finally returned to us, all flushed and sweaty from the very entertaining day, Dan and I instinctively wrapped each other in a tight coil.

“Baru sekarang nak cari Abah ?” Asked Dan.

Elsa was kissing his arm and Umar was about to hop into the bed.

“Bah…. “ Said Elsa.

“Abah sedih tau… Abah nak lari pergi batu belah batu bertangkup….” He threatened. That is of course the cue for Umar to cry. Elsa showered us with more kisses. Me ? I was rather smothered in the coil and was not in any position to talk.

“Waa…. Waaa….” Abahnya nangis. Umar ‘s bawling went an octave higher and Elsa laughed nervously.

When I managed to surface for air, I said “Umar kan Bah semalam dia plan nak bawak you pegi club… Nak swimming and and bowling ngan Abah… Wants to do something fun dengan Abah for Father’s Day (although the fun looks more for him that Abahnya).. Tapi hari ni all is forgotten Bah ….”

Umar sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.

“Kalau Abah tahu… Abah ikut baby tu balik…. At least dia sayang Abah… nak main dengan Abah…”

And si Elsa cakap, “Mana boleh. You are my Father !! You cannot follow other people…! ” Eyes huge with anger.

Oohh…. tadi... are you sure lah… you told me the story already lah.. Cousins dah balik…. baru ingat mak bapak ye….

Happy Father’s Day, Babah !!

No comments: