Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Abang, Abang

What a day last Wednesday was. I was taking a leisurely shower when I heard my name called repeatedly. I ignored them because well, as I was saying, it was a leisurely shower. Then I heard Adik calling my name. Again I ignored her. Then there was a sharp knock on the door. Can’t ignore that one… sigh…

I yelled out a “what ?” when I heard Babah’s mom’s voice. I was told to go to school to check up on Abang. Ai ya ya ya ya…

I quickly bathed, put on my work clothes, which I had thankfully, chosen and hanged on the closet door. I then raced to school. On the way there, Babah’s sister called me to inform me of what had happened. During the morning assembly, Abang had inserted a pebble into his nose and that particular pebble had remain lodged inside his nose despite his repeated attempt to take it out.

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. When I called my boss to warn him of my late arrival to work, he laughed. Yup….

Anyway, I went to his class. His teacher showed me the pebble, wrapped in tissue and handed me the doctor’s bill. RM 25 to get a pebble that my son had willingly put in his nostril out.

When he saw me, his face went white. His classmates though were excited and crowded around me, each with their own version of the tale. Abang dared not approach me. Pn Wan shooed them away and my son was pushed to me.

I looked at him and he looked at me. I asked why with just my shoulders, hand gesture and questioning face. No word came out of my mouth. He shrugged and shook his head.

Mum : What was the big idea ?

Abang : Nothing.

Mum : Why did you put it in your nose ?

Abang : I want to shoot it out my nose…. I am sorry Mummy.

Mum : You know, if it had one up further they would have to operate you, you know. You will have scars so huge, you will not be handsome anymore.

Abang : Okay Mum. I am sorry.

Teacher Wan then came to me. According to her, the assembly had not started yet when Abang approached her. He told her there was a pebble in his nose and he couldn’t get out. She was shocked and was quite worried because he had started sneezing. They then took him to the clinic. She said luckily Abang was very calm while the doctor tried to take it out of him, because if he struggled they had to take him to the hospital.

When they asked him why he did it, he said “ Saja nak test… “. Waaa………….

Abang's face was contrite while I was talking to his teacher. I didn’t know what else to say and I left after saying goodbye to Pn Wan and Pn Zalida and thanking them profusely.

I called my husband up to mengadu. He laughed. Lunchtime he called Abang up. Abang refused to talk to him. When he had no choice but to talk to his father, before Babah could say anything, he apologized and then handed the phone to Adik.

He was teased mercilessly from then on. Mercilessly…… he he.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya Allah lawaknya cerita Umar nie. Your children story always make me laugh! Min

Cik Puan Kamil said...

They make me cry lah Min...Ha ha

Cik Puan Kamil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.