Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Art class pulak

I checked out one art class at section 9 on Saturday. Abang is very keen on arts and wants to attend the arts and crafts classes at Klinik Adek every Saturday. His father though thinks that if he is that interested, why not we find him a real class.

There are 2 at that seksyen, both on the same row of shops. I contacted both and chose to visit Ivy’s because they teach Mandarin too. So off we went after piano class. Ivy showed all the drawings her students had done and we sat for the last 20 minutes of her class. Adik and Abang wanted to try and so joined the next class.

Waaa…. My children have no shame, whatsoever. All the children were quiet, except for mine. They keep calling the teacher to come and look at their progress and asked loads of questions. The theme of the day was drawing and colouring the ocean. They have to draw the sun and birds too.

When Ivy was giving them pointers on how to draw the birds, she said, “ Please do not draw the wings to small aaa…. After the birds won’t be able to fly… “. Then my smart-mouth son added, “ Because if the wings are too small, it will not be able to carry the birds. The birds are too heavy….. “. Okay mister. This is not science, it is arts. Mortified, I pretended to look elsewhere.

After awhile, the teacher gasped. My heart skipped a beat. “ Look at this little girl. She drew clouds. Aiiyyaa… I have missed the clouds. Okay everybody, please add a few clouds…. “ she instructed. Abang looked at his sister and beamed, “ Adik, you are so clever…. “. I was again mortified when my daughter said, “ I know…. “ and blinked her eyes dramatically.

After all the colouring with crayons done, Adik’s work is finished. Abang was not though as he has to fill the white space with water colour. Adik gasped when Abang held a paint brush in his hand.

“ Hey, what is the big idea ? Where is my brush ? “

“ No Adik. You are to small to use paint okay ? You use crayons only… “ said the teacher.

I hissed at Adik to come to me. She came, face thunderous. I told her to sit next to me. She sat for a few seconds then went back to her teacher.

“ Teacher, I want to paint.”

“ No.. you cannot aaa…. Because you are too small…. “.

“ Adik, come here and sit with me… “ said me again.

That girl gave me a petulant look and leaned to her teacher, “ Teacher look at my mummy. She keep calling me to sit down… “.

Waa….. geramnya aku. Kalau kat rumah tu memang dah kutil – kutil dah….

Abang is no better. He kept calling the teacher over and giving suggestions on how to make the picture better. Pantang ciikgu tu bergerak tengok students lain, Abang dah panggil. I hissed and hissed for them not to hog the teacher so much until I could feel my tongue splitting in two.

Adik followed the teacher everywhere, telling her about her cousins and her toys. I kept telling her to not bother the Ivy as she has other students, but she ignored me. I fully intended to enroll them in the class as Abang is very interested and I can see Adik benefiting too. But I was afraid Ivy will tell me although she will be thrilled to accept Abang ( under one condition : That he remains quiet during class ) but she cannot teach Adik !

That is why when the class finished, I quickly waved the month’s fees to her. Luckily she accepted. Next week, I am just going to leave them there.
-

2 comments:

liadevega said...

Your clever kids...! You shud hire a home-tutor la nampaknya. Btw, where is this class?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Ya, bercakap pandai lah....

Class yang ini satu tangga dengan Klinik Gigi Dr Sahrina, same row dengan McDonald's tu. The other one is atas Focus Point.

Rafidah pun hantar anak dia. Aiman punya class pukul 9 sampai 11.30 so I sempat lah tengok Aiman ni punya kerja. Cantik you know for a 6 year old. Berbaloi jugak.....

I rasa kita kena ada banyak cara untuk express ourselves. Tension2 boleh main muzik ke, melukis ke .... or... yelah, tension2 should baca Quran yek.... Anyway, tak de le depa ni kalau tension buat benda bukan2.... Insya-Allah