Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Japanese class Mummy

Amelia and I enrolled in a Japanese class at UiTM. Our first class was yesterday. We were of course late, as working people are wont to do and was surprised to see a different lecturer from the one we were introduced to on Tuesday during orientation.

This guy was good though as he forced us to practice on each other.

Of course I went home and eagerly demonstrated to my son what I learnt.

“ Hajimameshite ! Watashi wa **** desu. Dozo yoroshiku ! “ and bowed. Abang was delighted. Since he is used to learning a foreign language, he quickly emulated me.

“ Hajimemeshite ( part ni dia salah sikit ) ! Watashi wa Abang desu ! “ but instead of bowing he clasped his hands together like a Buddhist.

Waaaa ha ha… salah he……
-
But the sweet thing was when I got home, they were already waiting for me at the door. When I got out of the car, Abang smiled at me and asked " How was your class Mum ? Any good ? "
-
I was touched because he cared. " Well yes ! " said I.
-
He then asked me to teach him a few phrases, things that I haven't learnt yet.
-
" Abang, today was my first class. Of course I don't know how to say that... ".
-
" Okay Mum.... but can you ask your teacher next time. I am very curious... "
-
He he ... curious..... Good. Keep on being curious and inquisitive. I like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, power lah you all ... sempat lagi enrol Japanese class while juggling with your daily life. Esp cik Amelia tu (yg tak pernah visit blog I and travel memanjang)... still got time to learn. Bagus!

Ummi Yasmin