Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, February 02, 2009

Your husband, Mummy !!

Babah had always worked Saturdays. This is his 4th job and the 4th job that requires Saturday attendance. Bummer. However by 1 pm he would be home and all is well again. Not last Saturday though. Most of his staffs were away for the CNY hols, so Babah worked extra hours to help his remaining staffs.

At 2, Mummy set the table and called her children for lunch.

“Mana Babah, Mummy ?” Asked Umar when he saw the 3 place settings.

“Babah work, kay ? Balik lambat sikit….”

“Mana Babah saya, Mummy ?” Asked Elsa.

Repeat above answer.

We ate. Less than 5 minutes at the table, Elsa asked me, “Do you miss Babah, Mummy ?” She was looking at her food mournfully.

“Yes….” Said I.

“Me, too…” She said, with a foot long pout.

He heh..

5 minutes after that she asked again, “Do you miss Babah, Mummy ?” I sighed my affirmation. “Me, too...” She repeated, playing with her food.

And as I was clearing the dishes, she asked me again and my answer remained the same. She threw herself on the couch and watched the telly, face not happy.

At about 3, she was playing with Umar outside when she ran inside excitedly. “Mummy, Babah is home ! I saw him ! I saw him !”

I smiled at her.

“Mummy ! Quick, your husband is home… Dia dah balik.”

What ? As I looked at her in wonder, she grabbed my hand and pulled me off the couch. “Quick, Mummy ! Follow me !!” She ordered and ran to the door, dragging me with her.

“There ! I told you. There’s your husband !!” She pointed happily at Babah who was still in the car. When Babah got out of his vehicle, Elsa threw herself on her Babah and gave him a fierce hug.


The same thing happened 2 weeks ago when Dan came home late because of a company dinner he had to attend.

“Mummy, mana Babah ?” She asked. My answer that Babah had to work late didn’t go well with her.

“I think…” She whispered, “Babah pegi makan hotel with his friends…”

Forehead furrowed I asked her how does she know this.

“Oh, I use my imagination. I imagine that he is eating at the hotel….”

I sighed and gave a lecture on imagination bordering to lies….

Hmmm…….

Bah, please don’t work extra hours. It is a trial for your daughter.