Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Adik talking

I am very proud of Adik and her talking prowess. Oh, let me gloat, as I am a mother of children who decided to start talking when they neared 3.

Anyway, yesterday we were in Shah Alam Mall and as I was walking hand in hand with my little baby, she slipped. Babah and Mummy of course sniggered while Abang gave out a huge colossal laugh.

“ It is not funny !! ” Said the embarrassed tyke.

Of course Abang exaggerated another laugh and Mummy and Babah laughed out loud.

“ It is not funny at all !! ” She said and giggled herself. What a good sport.

When we got home and put them to bed, Adik snuggled close to her brother.

“ Adik !! Get away from me ! You are squishing me…” Said Abang.

Adik pretended she didn’t hear him and closed her eyes.

“ Mummy, make her sleep in her own bed because I don’t like being squished !! ”

I sighed and gently suggested that she sleeps in her own bed.

She went deeper into the duvet, smiled and me, eyes wide with mischief and said, “ Mum… it is better here. I am so comfortable…. ”. She did look all comfy and snuggly that I haven’t had the heart to make her leave.

Strategy baik punya….

When she was smaller, I couldn’t see the resemblance between brother and sister at all. Lately though I have noticed there are some facial resemblance but it ends at their huge eyes. The similarities are more evident in their mannerisms.

Last Monday Abang and Adik started kelas mengaji at Sekolah Ibnu Majah in Seksyen 8. Adik is of course very excited because even though it is only an hour a day but she is already officially a school-going child ( she is keeping up with her “ Esok Babah work ? Mummy ? Abang ? ” and when it got to her and the answer is now a yes, she would close her eyes and smile happily, cute head nodding….. kesian sungguh budak ni ).

When I came back from work on Monday she came running to me and announced happily, “ Mummy I have a friend !! She talked to me and we played … ! ” I smiled at her and asked what is her friend’s name. She looked at me and said, “ Owang. ” Okay and I asked her what is her ustaz’s name. Again the same look and said, “ Owang. ”

I squinted my eyes at her and asked, “ They have the same name ? ” Again she looked at me, this time a sort of far-away look, like she ceased looking at me anymore eventhough her eyes were trained on me. I know that look so well. I call it Abang’s thinking look. It would come about when I asked him a difficult question and he would be quiet, presumably thinking with that look upon his face, so much like what his sister was doing.

I looked at away. I got all emotional, mourning for the look my son stopped giving me.

Oh, merepeknya aku.

No comments: