Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Adik the pesinent

Had breakfast at Azira this morning with my children before sending them to their mengaji class. Abang wolfed down his meehoon soup with gusto and Adik as usual, picked on her food.

“ Okay Mummy, I’m done..” she announced. Her plate was ¾ full.

“ Makan sikit lagi Adik. Next month is your birthday. You cannot be 4 years old and this small, ” said I.

She sighed. “ Mum… makan kat atas berak kat bawah…”. I raised my brows.

“ Makan sikit lagi, Adik…” said I again.

“ Mum… I am the pesinent. I can do whatever I want…”

This is the second time I heard the word pesinent. Since Abang was handily available for translation work, I asked him what it meant.

“ President…” he said simply, mouth full of meehoon.

Amboi, amboi, amboi……



No comments: