Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trying to keep Adik quiet

Semalam, more drama with my kids. Adik buat drama dah lama, though. She will start her conversation innocently enough.
-
Adik : Esok Mummy pegi work ?
Mum : Pegi.
Adik : Babah ?
Mum : Pegi.
Adik : Abang ?
Mum : Pegi.
Adik : Adik ?
Mum : Duduk rumah ye ? (with a groan as this happens every single day so Mummy knows what is gonna happen next)
Adik : Waaa.... Adik nak pegi sekolah ( x 100 ). Adik nak pegi school ( x 100 ).
Mum : Pegi tanya abah ko ...... Dia yang tak bagi....
Adik : Bah !!!
-
This has been going on since start of this year, stopped for awhile, surfaced a few times each proceeding month and repeated with intensity every day since this very month. I don't want to handle this because this is her Babah punya kerja. She cried and cried and cried even promises of sushi was of no help. I finally said, " Adik, you can go to school after your birthday okay ? After your party I will send you to school okay ? But if you cry, there will be no birthday party.... ".
-
She agreed and stopped the hullabaloo. Just to goad her Babah further, I whispered to her, " Tell Babah kalau Babah nak Adik diam pasal school, you have to buy me Mickey Mouse necklace... ". She perked up. " Nolah Mummy. Mummy lah cakap.... ".
-
" Adik lah cakap.... " " Mummy cakap for me okay ? " Then came Babah's voice, " What are you two whispering about ? ".
-
I looked at her and she avoided looking at me. " Adik kata if you want her to be quiet, you have to compensate for her non-schooling year with a Mickey Mouse necklace. " Babah looked at us. Since Adik is Babah's princess, what can he say but " Okay .... ". He he...
-
I looked at Adik and she grinned, her thumb up. I reciprocated. Babah..... he he.
-
Anyway, since we did mention sushi, Adik of course membuat tuntutan. Pegilah kami ke Sushi King. Before masuk kereta, Adik suddenly remembered a new purple dress that her Aunty Su bought her. Dekat pintu kereta ni dok " Bah, I need my purple dress... " " Adik you are wearing a purple dress.... " Countered Babah, patience slowly ebbing from his body...
" Not this one. This one pyjamas... I want my purple dress Bah... ". Sigh.. I sternly ordered her to get in the car and be quiet.
-
Of course she was not quiet and was sobbing uncontrollably. Tensionnya aku. After one fight to another !! When we got to a quite dark place, Babah pulled another trick. " Adik, if you are not quiet, I will leave you here. "
-
When she raised her sobs an octave higher, Babah literally stopped the car and I opened the door. Abangnya pulak started wailing. " No ! No ! She is my only sister !! No ! No ! " Babah and I exchanged smiles. Adik got smart and shut her mouth. Abang sobbed, hugging his precious little sister.
-
Hmmm.... how long do we have to keep this up ?

2 comments:

liadevega said...

Your daughter sounds very much alike mine, the dlm-kepala-ada-batu-duduk punya type. Those little drama queen! Luckily u ada si Umar to neutralize the situation.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Tapi Umar pun sama je.. he has his days...