Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Masalah belum selesai....

I picked Abang from school yesterday before going for my meeting.

In the car, ada van lalu sebelah dia lambai. “Kawan saya Zubaidah, Mummy….”.

Okay… “I have a lot of friends, Mummy. Girls and boys….”

“Of course….”

Then lalu pulak kete lain. Lambai lagi. “Normah, Mummy…”

He he… but I just nodded my head.

“I have a lot of friends….. “

“Yes … I know…. I want you to have loads of friends. Girls and boys…..”

He smiled, I smiled.

Then aku kan, I just had to say something. I mean why do I never learn and just keep my mouth shut ? Why ? Why ?

“It is okay for you to have friends… even girls…. “ Itulah permulaan mukadimah mak yang gataaaallll nak bukak mulut ni.

“It is also okay for you to like a girl… It is normal to fall in love…. I wouldn’t be angry if you do….”

He smiled and nodded his head. I smiled tenderly at him at first, then felt a bit susah hati… as I felt I needed to add a few cautionary advice.

“But… it is a bit young for you to have a girlfriend now…. You know, you are only ten….”

“Yeah… I know that…..”

“I mean it is perfectly normal if you like somebody, but you know you don’t have to tell her about it. You can tell me…. But don’t tell her lah….. You are still young…”

“Okay…” He said, nodding his head happily.

Fuuuhh…. Lega.

But then…, “So…… when am I allowed to have a girlfriend….?”

Sigh….. I should have known this will come.

“Err….. Babah had a girlfriend when he was 16 - 17… which was me. So…. I suppose that could be the right age…..”

He nodded thoughfully. “Form berapa tu, Mummy ?”

“Form 5…. Provided if you are responsible enough lah… Not neglecting your studies, not going out sampai malam-malam… Err… ingat kat Tuhan……”

“Yes… okay…. But I have to have a girlfriend, Mummy because I do not want to be lonely….”

Awww….. my little boy, my little boy…… Not so little now are you ? I wish I didn’t know that… I need you to be a baby a while longer.

“Also, I would need somebody if I want to have a child of my own… I want to be a father ..”

Eh ?

I thought only little girls dream about pushing prams and what-nots. But boys ?

“You will make sure you are married first though before you become a father, right ?”

Waaahhh ! Takutnya !

“Is it against the law to have children before you get married ?”

“It is against Allah’s law ! And His law is the most important one ever !”

Why am I having this conversation now ? It’s waaayyy too early and I haven’t prepared myself yet !!!!!!!

4 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

hang ni mmh lawak la cik puan kamil oiiii...

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Hai... gatal mulut..... Ignorance is indeed bliss...

Puteri's territory said...

Myra, myra
You're not alone ok? We are in the same boat.

Happy that the kids are moving on to a different phase of their life but scared at the same times.

To tell you the truth, everytime when Aina receives a message in her inbox and I am more excited than she does and yet again I dont want her to think about it and sometimes it is just too soon but thrilled that she gets the attention too.

Mcmana nak explain ah? But do you get the drift?

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I do actually...

We acknowledge that being in love is part of life, happy that our kids would experience it as we did and do but also rasa that they cannot handle it well... Because we also know that things can go wrong...

I tak tahulah kak Puteri... bukan sahaja anak yg baru dalam hal ni, kita pun sebagai mak is quite new and inexperienced to handle it