Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Abang's Field Trip

“Mummy… cikgu cakap kita boleh bawak barang berharga for this trip…” Abang announced like for the 20th time.

And for the 20th time I asked, “Like what ?”

Abang is scheduled to go for a field trip to Pusat Sains Negara. He talked non-stop about it and everyday he came back with pieces of news about the trip.

But he made references about the barang berharga frequently.

‘Entah lah….” He said, shrugging his shoulders, trying to look nonchalant.

“Cikgu hang nak hang pakai berlian Mummy ke masa trip tu ? Itu barang berharga lah tu…”

He he…..saja je. I need to shock him a bit before I can wheedle out his real menaing behind barang berharga tu.

“Mummy !! No lah !!... Barang berharga maksudnya Gameboy and benda-benda macam tu lah…”

Aaah…itulah sebenarnya…

Of course le Mak tak bagi. Mintak maap ye. One of the best things about going on a field trip is the bus ride. Enjoy that. You will miss it if your eyes are glued to the Gameboy.

Anyway, I picked him up and helped sent his best friend A home. I have met A a few times but had never conversed with him.

Rupanya, patut le depa best friend. Sebijik macam Abang and their other best friend D.

“Is this your mother, Abang ?” He asked, finger pointing at me.

Amboi haii…. Cute huh ?

Anyway, in the car I asked about their day.

“Ooh…. We had loads of fun…. We saw a lot of inventions !” A offered in perfect English. And then both of them fought to tell me the best bits of the trip.

Then A pointed to Abang’s chest where a huge badge was pinned on his pocket. I noticed that earlier because none of his friends had it on them.

“Abang got this because he answered a question during the science show…”

Very typical of him. I expected nothing less. Dia ni memang suka menyerah diri.

“But…. He he… I think he changed his mind because when he stood up he looked like he wanted to cry….” A revealed some more.

“Really Abang ? Why lah ?” I asked with a laugh.

‘Because macam ada ramai orang …tiba-tiba I got embarrassed !”

He he….

No comments: