Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Adik talking about sunglasses

I picked her up from school yesterday. It was hot so I put on my sunglasses. She was playing with some friends, but I just stood there, looking at her in her elements. I love doing that. Masa tulah nak tengok anak hang macamana.

She was happily twirling around with a friend when she saw me. “Mummy !” She said happily, her face so deliriously happy at the sight of me, it made my heart ache.

“Why you wear that glasses ?”

“Sebab panaslah…”

“Please… Let me wear it ! Pleeeaaaaseeee !!!!!”

When she put it on, she turned her face to me, her nose scrunched up a bit to hold the glasses up.

“You know… I can wear glasses. I know how to wear them…. But… not the one yang you pakai pergi kerja tu… You know .. the one that you put inside your eyes ?”

“My contacts ?”

“Yes… that one I don’t know how to wear …”

“Have you been trying ?”

“No ! Mana ada !”

Hmmmm…. Very suspicious.

“Yang your red glasses tu kan ? That one ada power kan ? That one I cannot wear, right ? Because I can go blind ?”

“Yes…”

“Why ? Why can I go blind ?”

“Because it can hurt your eyes. And you will not be able to see properly if you use them…”

“Oh… “

Then, “Are you blind ?”

I knew that was coming.

After a moment of silence, she said, “Mum… I knew you didn’t ask me to put the milk in the pan ….”

Mummy blushed. Malu dah kantoi !

She put her hands on her hips and shook her head, big smile on her face. “I don’t remember you saying it.. That is why I put the milk in the bowl…”

Mummy grinned. Is she chastising me ?

“Mummy ni….”

He he.. yes she is.

Oh dear.

Then, “I look gorgeous when I wear this..” she said, tapping the sunnies.

Hmmm…. Kamil !!!!!