Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Next week is exam week and we have been revising with Umar after dinner. Last night though was mengaji night and they usually will salam their ustaz at 9.30 pm and you know what time is 9.30 to Umar.

After ustaz Omar left, Umar approached me.

“Mumm…. Little boys kan they have a lot of energy in the morning. Bila dah malam their energy pooped/popped out (it sounds like poop but well… I know enough what he means) by 9.30. 9.31 kan they have to sleep.” Nampak sangat nak ngelat from doing his revisions.

All I said was “Oh, really ?”

His cousins were still around and he went to join his cousins.

“Umar, it’s 9.35. Why aren’t you sleeping yet ? I thought you said you have to sleep by 9.31 ?”

And his answer ? “Sometimes kita ada sikit extra energy, Mummy. So takpe. I don’t have to sleep now….” Oh, pandainya kau.

But, by 9.45 when everybody had left, I found him asleep in his bed, snugly covered in his duvet. Little girls though do not apply to that rule because by 10 am, Elsa was still reading in bed.

No comments: