Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Satu Ramadhan

Yesterday Abang started puasa. He was okay waking up for sahur and ate heartily. During sahur I told him why we must puasa ( don’t ask me what I told him as I am sure when I write it down it will sound like crap…. ). His eyes was big when he looked at me explaining, nodding his head.

Before he left for school, I reminded him that he cannot eat until maghrib. “ Okay, Mummy.. “ said he.

About 2 pm Babah called me up. Abang called him to seek permission to eat half of Adik’s vanilla bread. “ I am hungry Bah… “. Babah told him if he could just withhold a few hours longer would be really great. But if he can’t, by all means he should eat.

Ha ha….

Anyway, yesterday we berbuka at sek 8 ( my mom’s house ) and therefore I went straight there from work to help my mom cook. Babah and my children arrived about 10 minutes before buka. When he saw me he jumped up and down. When he saw Alisya and Alyana he jumped higher and more vigorously. “ Nampak sangat tak puasa… “ said I, chiding him.

Babah gave me a horrified look and said, “ Eei.. dia puasa lah…. Dia tak makan pun … “. Oh ? Abang gave me a smile and nodded his head. “ Saya puasa Mummy !! “ said he.

My son is not an eater. He is a very picky one and very selective of what is in his plate. But yesterday, his rice was piled high and he requested for curried potatoes and daging kicap, stuffs that he usually turned his nose from.

Congratulations my darling baby. Let’s see if you can keep this up. I am so proud of you….

PS : I think I have successfully clogged my arteries yesterday. Berbuka was kari telur and kari ikan ( don’t ask ) and sahur was kari ayam…. Aduih…
-
Oh, Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan..

No comments: