Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Adik hilangkan barang

This is the story told to us by Babah’s parents. Abang came home from school looking for his GameBoy. When he asked his sister on its whereabouts, she said she had lost it. Abang was livid.

Abang : Adik main GameBoy dekat mana ?

Adik : Dekat rumah lah…

Abang : So, where is it ?

Adik : Dah hilang.

Abang : Adik main kat bilik Atuk ke, bilik Mummy ke ?
-
Adik : I don’t know….

Abang : Adik, jangan buat abang marah tau. Abang puasa !!

Adik : Let me go find it…

Abang : You better Adik. Jangan buat abang buka puasa !!

At that point, his Atuk called him and asked what was he talking about. Abang went quiet.

When I came home, Abang just returned from his sekolah agama. The first thing he told me was of course about Adik losing the GameBoy. I went upstairs and called her name. She didn’t answer. When I went to look in their room, she was putting on her panties, helped by Bibik.

Mum : Adik, mana GameBoy ?

Adik: Dah hilang.

Mum : Hilang mana ?

Adik : I don’t know. It is gone Mum.

Mum : You have to find it Adik. Before Babah balik.

I threw myself on the bed. Adik was pretending to look for the GameBoy around the room. She was about to land beside me when something caught her eyes and she gave a little gasp.

Adik : Oh my God …

And she quickly scrambled up and reached on top of the shelves next to the bed.

Adik : I found it !! Mum.. look !!

When I looked she was opening a box that used to house a GameBoy game cartridge. She took out the GameBoy from its hiding place and brandished it at me.

Adik : Look ! I found it all by myself !!

Abang who came to check what the commotion was all about was ecstatic. She gave the GameBoy to Abang and settled next to me. I then noticed her empty wrist. My blood drained.

Mum : Adik, where is your gelang ?

She quickly got up to face me.

Adik : Ha ?

Mum : Where is your gelang, Adik ?

Adik : Emmm… let me go and find it.

Unfortunately, while that conversation took place, Babah entered the room and heard us. He ordered her to look for it. She peered behind the telly, she went behind the bed and looked under the chair.

Adik : I couldn’t find it Mummy.

Mum : Adik, go look for it.

She left for her room. After awhile Babh asked me if I am not going to check on my daughter. Why, I asked. She has been standing behind the door for quite some time, said Babah. I found her sitting on the bed, all pouty.

Mum : Where is the gelang ?

All I got was silence and lips jutting dangerously out.

Mum : Twice in a day, Adik. You lost 2 stuffs today.

More silence. I sighed. I went back to my room and before long I heard her laughing and saw her tumbling happily on the bed. Hmm…. Abang yang dah nak batal puasa tu dah pujuk.

It turned out, Babah’s mom took the gelang from her for safe keeping.

No comments: