Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Umar bau ikan goreng

Umar had his exams 2 weeks ago. His daily report was not always encouraging especially his Arabic paper. I came home to his “ I didn’t do the last page, Mum,”. When I asked him why he said he didn’t have enough time and the paper was hard.
Of course I asked why he did not concentrate in class, he looked at me and opened his mouth, “ Mum, do you speak Arab ? “ I knew where the conversation is going already but I bravely said no. “ That’s right. I told my teacher my Abah does not speak Arab, my Mummy does not speak Arab and therefore I also do not know how to speak Arab!! “

Benda – benda macam nilah yang memalukan mak bapak……

Elsa…. Hm lagi sorang…. 3 nights ago she refused to let Umar sleep next to her. She kept asking Umar to go elsewhere dengan alasan Umar busuk bau ikan goreng… Yang abang tu tercengang – cengang lah but it worked well for him at the end because Abah and Mummy had no other way but to let him sleep with them.

The next night, I sternly told Titi that Umar did not consume any fried fish that day…. “ Yes but Umar bau mee Mum …. “.

On Saturday we had dinner with my mom and 2 siblings ( Mail and Marlin ). After dinner we walked them to their car and Umar leaned in Tok’s car for more hugs and kisses from Tok Mi. Elsa was at the other side of the car and from there she thought Umar was going with Tok. She made an awful ruckus, ordering Umar to follow her home. Abah’s explanation of the real situation fell on deaf ears and she only quieted down when Umar stomped his way to her.

In the car, I asked Titi why was she was upset. She said because Umar was leaving with Tok.

Mummy : Kenapa Umar tak boleh ikut Tok ke ?

Titi : Mummy, Titi sayang Umar… ha…..

Umar : Kalau Titi sayang Umar, kenapa Titi pok Umar tadi ?

Titi : Titi sayang Umar okay Um……

Umar : Yelah, tapi why did you hit me just now ?

Titi : ( sighed ) Sebab Um naughty… Titi sayang Umar okay…. Sorry Um….

Mummy and Abah looked at each other with a smile on our faces…

Abah : Pandai anak awak main politik ye ……

Mummy : Eii… anak awaklah

No comments: