Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Holiday in KL

Our family spent the night in KL on Saturday. The reason is because my mom and her besan ( Shera’s mom ) went to Ahmad Jais’s concert ( I know…. I know…. ). The concert we predicted would finish late and therefore we decided to wait for her in KL with bedrooms within easy reach. Alasan je…. We took the opportunity to spend time with each other.. and tengok wayang.

Movie of choice ? Mr Bean… He he… I had wanted to watch Chermin, in my bid to support the local industries, but I sensed my family agreed just to humour me… ( never mind, I have Amelia, my cerita hantu buddy to go watch it ) but at the 11th hour changed to Mr Bean…

The first thing I thought when I saw the evergreen En Kacang is how he is not exactly … well immortal. He looked old. And how he uncannily looked like his cartoon character. The cartoonist really captured the essence of Mr Bean.

It was hilarious, some time in a slapstick kind of way, the audience was laughing all the time. The movie we caught was at 9.40 pm and it was full to the brim. Elsa watched it with a permanent smile on her face. She laughed and enjoyed herself until about halfway when the day’s activity was getting to her.

Umar… well…. He was laughing and all but at one point, I could see him cringe. Then I saw him closed his eyes. Then he asked to go home. “ Why ? Aren’t you enjoying yourself ? “ He gave out an embarrassed laugh and said “ Mr Bean is so silly Mum. He keeps making all this mistakes…. I cannot stand it anymore….. “ He he…. Umar dah segan tengok lawak bodoh Mr Bean… Dah tak sanggup nak tengok lagi……. Hai…

Anyway, the next day we brought him to PetroSains. You have no idea how much he bugged us to take him there. So since he good really good marks for his exams, we told him it is his present for scoring 100% in Science, Maths and English.

Let me tell you this, PetroSains is a whole lot of fun and very educational. There were gadgets and experiments to try. There were puzzles to solve and simulations to attempt. It was worth the RM 35 to get the 4 of us in. It was well planned and beautifully done. Dan and I wondered how could they squeeze everything in KLCC. And I have to say this, we had been to Red Earth in Edinburgh, Scotland and it could not rival our PetroSains. On our ride back to Level 4, I actually got quite sentimental because I was so proud. It was well managed.

Umar and Elsa’s birthday party this year will definitely be held there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, we enjoyed PetroSains very much indeed. Talking about birthday party anak2, kat sini memang a culture to organize birthday party at certain locations where kids can have tonnes of fun ; less focus on food. Ada kek, sweets, drinks, fries dah cukup. Janji fun activity eg ride the ponny, swimming, treasure hunt at SeaLife Park, indoor park game etc etc. Almost every other weekend Farah bday got invitation from her classmates. Quite fun, look forward nak organize with anak2 geng kita when we return to KL nanti insya Allah!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

I can't wait to welcome you guys back home....

liadevega said...

Eh, we were in KLCC jugak last Sunday. Kalau pi Petrosains maybe jumpa you guys. But instead we went to Aquaria sebab Ayesha nak tengok mermaid! Me and Sheik dah pernah pegi Petrosains...memang best kan! Nanti I'll blog about our Aquaria trip.

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Tengok mermaid ? Ada ke Ya ?

Min, bila you balik sat gi kita buat perangai pi shopping dari pagi sampai petang na.....