Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Mum... these are drugs ?

“Mum… are you doing drugs ?”

“Eh ? Wazzat again ?”

“These…. They are drugs kan ?” He asked, clutching my Panadol Actifast.

Aduhai… Mummy dah lah demam ni… tak terjawab sebab I was too tired and too woozy to think straight. Plus my chest felt so heavy so talking requires a huge effort.

About a month ago I think Abang started asking about drugs. What are they, what they look like and why are they bad.

I explained that drugs are medications. But it gets dangerous when you take without while you were sick to get a good feeling.

“What good feeling ?”

“Seriously I don’t know because I have never done it before. But…. If you take ubat while you are not sick, well then you will get sick. You get addicted to them so you keep taking them and then they turned toxic in your body…. Then you die….. Like you are not sick, but you still telan Panadols hari-hari… so now the Panadols have become a dangerous drug to you..”

“Addicted tu macamana ?”

“Well… like you addicted to your video games asyik nak main aje sambil lupa semuanya…….” And jadi leteran lain berkenaan video games pulak. Sian Abang. No matter lah what topic he brought up, last-last mesti kena batang hidung dia.

We didn’t talk about drugs anymore after that until the above-mentioned episode.

So… I cannot just let it go right ? I mean budak ni mulut dia boleh tahan kepohnya jugak kang dia canang lak kat sekolah mak dia “is doing drugs…” so nak tak nak, I asked him to follow me upstairs and tried to explain as best as I could again, without veering off the subject.

Tu lah… I must learn not to campur-adukkan my topics. Must ensure my kids paham everything and ask all their questions before aku corner tempat lain.

No comments: