Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My little Elsa

Last Saturday I had the privilege of having Esya with me. The 3 of them played and rowed and played some more and of course rowed again.

I was in my room folding the clothes and the kiddies were outside, busy with the Play Station. Suddenly…

Umar : Tak boleh Esya. Itu abang Umar punya toy….. (Umar ni memang… kalau nak tunjuk authority mula lah flashing title).

Esya : Mumble Mumble Whine Whine

Umar : Cannot. Esya banyak ambik toy abang Umar. You can play it here but you cannot take it home…

Esya : Alah…. Mumble Mumble

Elsa : Kenapa ni ? What’s wrong ?

Umar : Esya nak ambik toy abang Umar nak bawak balik ! (In a condescending tone. Aku ni duduk kat situ dengor aje anak aku berlagak …)

Elsa : Esya… that is Umar’s toy. Dia nak main. Esya selalu ambik toy Umar bawak balik…

Esya : Whine Whine Whine

Elsa : Umar !! Share lah !! Why cannot you share ?

He he….. pulak….

Selepas itu….

As usual before bed Mummy and Babah would talk while drifting to sleep. We had a long day and everybody was tired. My eyes were closed while I listened to Dan. Suddenly…

Elsa : Mummy, Babah. Please do not talk after midnight okay ? I am tired, I want to sleep.

Babah : Eh budak ni. Tidurlah….

Elsa : You be quiet, Bah. You are too noisy. I want to sleep.

Mummy : Okaylah, okaylah. Dah tidur !

Elsa : (under her breath) I cannot sleep like this…. Bebel Bebel Bebel….

Lepas tu..

Elsa : Um ! Talk Talk Talk Talk

Umar : Elsa ! Umar nak tidur lah. Can you please be quiet ?

Elsa : I cannot sleep, Um !! Talk Talk Talk

Kurang asam punya budak kecik…


Selepas itu…

Elsa loves to follow Mummy around. Mummy mandi, ada orang teman kan. Mummy on the john pun, ada je budak perempuan yang tercegat depan pintu dok membebel pasal Dina lah (she doesn’t like this one), Soleha (she sits next to her), Sophia (Dina had been trying to make Elsa sit next to Sophia. For some reason Dina wants Soleha to sit alone… Hmm….) and the one that she mentions all the time….Hakim (loves to usik her, kacau dia and it seems that they spent most of their school time talking to each other. Again, hmmm……).

She especially loves it when I garden. If I water the plant, she would totter behind. If I complain, she would agree and tolong bebel sekali. Her acara favourite ? Digging.

“Are we digging today, Mummy ? Are we ?”

Kalau jawapannya yes, melompat lah dia and terus cari spade.

Satu hari as I was digging, I stumbled upon a worm. Apalagi menjerit lah aku. I was sitting on the patio and Elsa was on a stone tile that we use to make a pathway, in front of me. I jumped and screamed for my husband. Elsa joined in the hoopla.

Dan took his sweet time to inspect the screaming because I think he expected as much. When Dan scooped up the poor thing, Elsa was still standing on the tile. She looked so cute screaming with her eyes squeezed shut. Dan had to scoop her up and put her at a safe place where she and Mummy took time to collect themselves.

Then we resumed our gardening activities. She as usual talked happily while Mummy half listened when suddenly I heard,

Elsa : You don’t be scared okay. If the worm comes, you don’t worry okay. I am here. I will take care of you.

I looked at her and she was in profile, looking at me, nodding her head while her hands busy digging for whatever.

Elsa : Okay, Mummy ? Okay ? You don’t be scared, okay ?

Mummy : Okay.

Babah who was sitting near us, snorted.

Babah : Ti ! Worm !!

And melompat lah protector aku tadi, menjerit macam orang gila.

Hmm……

2 comments:

liadevega said...

Elsa ni sangat kecik tau but quite a chatterbox..aku geram tengok dia..hmpphh!

Cik Puan Kamil said...

Aku lagi geram sebab dia very sarcastic !!