Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Light colours

I do laundry like my mom. Well… I do not know any other way because I was trained by her kan ? I do however make improvements. My mom only has one basket and everyday she would sort out the pile; light, dark and white.

Me though, I have 3 baskets lined up, one for each category so that everyday after work either me or Dan can just hitch the whichever basket that was full to our waists and start the washing process. Usually Dan and I have to make judgment calls between light and dark but I never thought that my children would have to do the same too. Well… because I never trained them to do so just yet. Must be their Babah.

Anyway, I was preparing for Maghrib when I heard this conversation;

Umar : What do you think, Ti ? Is this dark or soft ?

Elsa : Hmmmm… I don’t know lah, Um. It’s pink….

Umar : But it is very bright kan, Um. Maybe dark….

Elsa : Okay lah, Um.

I looked and saw my kids, gloriously naked, both looking back and forth between the 3 baskets and the bright pink trousers. Finally after much deliberation and discussion between them, Umar tossed the offending garment in the dark coloured basket.

He he…

PS : Aku pun dalam dilemma pile mana bright pink track bottom tu belongs to.

Hmm… actually their conversation answered my questions on Elsa’s usage of the word light.

We were in Perak for Raya and since my grandma was with us during Ramadhan we couldn’t stay in her house because it was locked up for the whole month. So we stayed at my Uncle Mat’s house instead.

Uncle Mat and Aunty Aisyah lives in a lovely 2 storey bungalow near the Ipoh Airport. I love the area because it is very cold and windy, especially in the morning. His house was huge with loads of rooms and were each given rooms for our use. Uncle Mat assigned his daughter Syakira’s room to us.

Elsa gasped in delight when I opened the door to Syakira’s room. The room was really cosy, I have to admit with white carpeting, white bed, pink floral curtains and the icing on the cake, bright pink walls.

“I want my room just like this, Bah !!” She announced. Since she kept commenting on how lovely the room was, Babah had to ask, “Do you really want me to make your room just like this ?” Her answer ? “Yes, please …” He he… comel.

Anyway, tired of hearing her praises and pleadings to do her room just like it, I said to her, “Ti, your room pun pink, kan ?” And she shot back, “But it’s too light !! I can’t really see it !!”

Terkejut giler Mummy dengar penggunaan too light tuh… I was thinking mana lah dia belajaq rupa-rupanya from her experience sorting out her laundry… he he.

Actually her room is extremely light purple because I thought pink would be too tacky… but Uncle Mat pulled it off…. Hmm…..

No comments: