Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Time Machine

“Mummy….” Said Umar 2 weeks ago. I was already on the sejadah, and was about to say my Bismillah. Umar though had done his Maghrib duty, had asked for forgiveness and good results in his exam from Allah SWT ( to save his behind, of course ) and was still on the mat. He was looking at the telly when he called me.

“If we have a time machine, we can go back to the day Cik Shera died…” My heart almost stopped. “We can stop her before she gets to the bus stop Mummy and ask her to brake….” He said. “No… ! Better still if we ask her to wear seat belt, kan Mummy ?” He added.

“Well…. yeah…..” was all I could muster.

Of course I cried while I prayed.

When I was done, I found him reading the Muqaddam. “I miss Cik Shera !!” he suudenly announced and bawled his eyes out. And he howled and wailed and weeped. I was really baffled by his sudden grief but I joined him anyway. There was I with my little man, hugging each other, having a good cry.

“I wish I am a scientist … I can build the time machine now…. “ He sobbed. I didn’t say anything because I wish I had studied harder during my Engineering degree, become a super engineer and was building the damn machine right now !!

Ampun, Ya Allah.

No comments: