Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Azizul ?

Last week Elsa came home with a straight scar, a gash, on her neck. It was quite long and when we saw it, the scar was still red.

“Who did this to you ? Sakit ke ?” Asked Mummy.

“Tak…. Tak sakit… Azizul kat sekolah buat…” Said she.

“Why did he do this to you ? Is it because he likes you ? He wants you to be his girlfriend ?” I teased.

She blushed and gave me a “Taaak… laah….”. He he…..

When we were getting ready for bed, I realised that I hadn’t heard anything from her brother. Impossible…

“Um !! Nampak tak apa jadi kat leher adik ?”

“Leher tu apa, Mummy ?”

“Aiyoo !! Neck lah. Neck. See ?” I pointed at the gash. He had a horrified look on his face when he saw it.

“Sapa buat tu, Ti ?” Asked the very concerned brother.

“Azizul….” Answered my daughter in a small voice, playing the victim although I know it doesn’t hurt.. well anymore that is.

“Azizul ? Why did he do that to you, Ti ?”

Titi just looked at him and I decided to test the fire a bit……

“What are you going to do about it, Um ? Somebody hurt your sister.”

“Slap his face !!” He announced. Pulak…

“No, lah. Don’t use violence lah…”

“Mummy… you tell Cik Ta to pick up me first from school tomorrow. You tell Cik Ta that, okay ?” Said he, face all serious.

I stifled my giggle. “Okay, Um..”

He looked at the gash again. “Sakit tak, Ti ?” He asked.

Titi sniffed imaginary tears (or maybe snot) and nodded. Umar’s anger was suitably refreshed.

“You tell Cik Ta to pick me up first, okay ?” Before I could agree, he added, “But what shall I do ? What shall I do to him, Mum ?”

Wa ha ha ha ha !! Adui le, Umar.

Hmm…. That question is actually quite crucial. My answer could potentially turn my son into a hooligan and became a brother just like mine. I don’t want another (actually me goading him is already quite bad…. but moving on…) Syafiq in terms of brotherly conduct.

“Okay… why don’t you just tell him that it was not nice of him to do that to your sister. Maybe you should ask him if tak sengaja ke or memang deliberately wanted to hurt your sister…..” Said I carefully.

Then I can’t resist adding, “If you mess with my sister, you mess with me !!” Mummy ni memanglah.

He then put his arms around his sister and steered her to their room. “Come, Ti. Let me look at it properly, okay ?”

The next day he complained that Cik Ta failed to pick him up first. 2 days after the incident though, Cik Ta did pick him up first and when they arrived at Titi’s school, he was sent to fetch Elsa.

Cik Ta waited and waited and waited. When Cik Ta finally went to search for her niece and nephew she found the so-called protective abang playing football with some kids.

“I couldn’t find Azizul !!” Was his defence when he saw Cik Ta standing with her hand on her waist.

“Kurang asam punya Umar ! Dia biar aku tunggu lama-lama. Dianya pergi main bola !! Aku ni tunggulah macam orang gila !!” Complained Cik Ta later.
Apalah Umar oiiiii….. Nak belasah Azizul konon…

No comments: