Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ants and laser beams

Many Saturdays ago found me driving my husband’s car. I had to send my car to the workshop (Courtesy of Elsa and the window screen episode). Amelia followed our car to the shop and then sent us home. Babah borrowed Atuk’s car to work.

We were in the car on the way home when we noticed there were quite a large number of ants running around the dashboard. I instructed Umar to open the glove compartment and lo-and-behold, there were loads of ants swarming a packet of sweets !!

Umar quickly slammed the compartment door shut. Some ants managed to escape and was running around the car.

“Ti ! Quick ! You kill all the ants that go this way and I will handle the ants around here !” He instructed. However Umar tried to kill the ants with the tip of his finger rather than slamming them with his palm. So bloody dainty.

“Umar, macam tu mana jadi. That is not going to work !’ Said I. “Buat macam ni !!” and I hit the ants with my palm and showed the amount of carnage on it.

Umar of course was hesitant. “Taknak lah, Mummy ….” But he was forced to do so by the sheer number of ants running out of their cave in the glove compartment. Maybe they were attracted to the light.

I managed to produce a face towel and my children wiped the ants away. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. Success !!

However after 5 minutes, a few more managed to get out and was running around the dashboard again. Umar screamed. “Mummy !! There’s more !! Oh my god !! So geli !!”

I then heard my daughter groaned. She rolled her eyes.

“Umar….” She sighed. “We are the giant, Umar. We are bigger. We don’t have to be scared of them… They are scared of us, Um….”

He he… she had this weary look on her face, so funny like she was thinking when will her brother grow up. Semut pun nak takut ke Um ni ?

Last Sunday we went to Ikea to furnish our new kitchen. As usual we trooped to The Curve and certainly browsed through the weekend bazaar. Naturally we stopped at a toy stall and even though Babah warned that we will only be looking at stuffs, my kids managed to come home with a toy each.

Anyway while we were there, Umar picked up this finger laser thingy, where you strap this small laser guns on each of your four fingers. Umar read the packet and instructions then looked up at the guy manning the booth.

“Is it real laser beams or just lights ?” He asked.

“Aa? Just normal lights lah…” Replied the guy.

“Oh… okay that is good. Because if it is real laser beams, it can seriously hurt people. Laser beams can slice people you know !!”
Waa ha ha ha ha… !!!

No comments: