Abang and Adik are angels of Encik Kamil and Cik Puan Kamil.

Monday, October 09, 2006

The colouring competition

Remember my last entry on Abang requesting RM 15 to enter a colouring competition ? Well, last Saturday, as usual I took my baby to his piano class at Shah Alam mall. As soon as we left the class, we heard a booming voice on a microphone announcing the prize giving ceremony for a CEC competition. Umar picked that up and ran to the barriers to watch the going ons on the ground floor. Sure enough, he recognised his principal and a few teachers.
-
"Mummy, is that the colouring competition ? " " Yes, " I replied cautiously. "Hmm.. Abang tak nak enter kan ? "
-
" That's right, " I said while unsuccesfully tried to tug him away.
-
" Abang tak nak enter because.... because why Mummy ? "
-
He he.... tergelak jugak sekejap. " Because you have your piano lessons, that's why. " He nodded his head in agreement. Fuh... lega... but I was not spared after all because after a while he said, " But I thought you said because they use hot candles to colour ? " ( it was a batik colouring competition and knowing that my son could well be the future Health and Safety Engineer extrodinaire, I played that point agressively ). " Well, yes that too..., " I replied. " But mom, I do not see any hot candles anywhere ... !"
-
O-oh !
-
"Who wants ice-cream ?" was all I could think of and Titi went "Me ! Me !"
-
So it was all forgotten. My reputation was safe. Lesson learned ? Try not to fib to your children...
-
Ha ha

No comments: